Doctoral researchers at the DZNE
Currently, over 150 doctoral researchers are working on PhD projects at the DZNE. Collectively, their work represents a great many different research areas and methodological approaches. PhD projects at the DZNE normally run for 3 to 4 years, depending on the research field and dissertation topic, and are carried out in cooperation with universities and graduate schools close to the relevant site. Many research group leaders also have professorships at a local university. Where this is the case, a PhD candidate's entire doctoral program can be guided and supervised "from one source."
At the beginning of a doctoral researchers’ doctoral program, the candidate, their program supervisor and the DZNE enter into a supervision agreement that outlines the framework for the candidate's research at the DZNE. This is done in each case, in the interest of ensuring that doctoral projects are of high quality and are properly structured. In addition, during the course of the candidate's projects, the DZNE encourages the facilitation of regular thesis advisory committee meetings in support of the progress and refinement of the candidate's PhD project.
As a rule, all positions for doctoral researchers are advertised on our job portal.
Further information, and contact persons:
- Graduate schools, universities and local environment: Information about graduate schools and doctoral regulations is available on the websites of relevant universities located near our sites.
- PhD representatives: The DZNE has two doctoral researchers' representatives who are charged with representing the interests of doctoral researchers throughout the DZNE and facilitating communication and networking among candidates. They are elected by doctoral researchers at the individual sites for a period of one year. In addition to representing doctoral researchers' interests, the representatives serve as points of contact for questions and issues that arise during the PhD. Also, the representatives regularly organize PhD retreats, at different DZNE sites, for the purpose of facilitating scientific discussion among doctoral researchers and addressing issues of relevance for the candidates' personal and professional growth.
- Training & continuing education programs
- Support for a good work life balance
- Occupational health management
- Gender equality
Your opportunities at the DZNE
- Career opportunities for early career researchers
- Apprenticeship at the DZNE
- Your application
- Your questions
Internships and Bachelor/Master thesis