When the memory becomes weaker
Do you or your family members notice memory impairment or other mental impairment? Make an appointment in our memory consultation hours to identify a possible illness at an early stage.
When a dementia is diagnosed, relatives often reach the limits of their mental and physical capacity.
Participation in a family group is an opportunity to create relief.
At our meetings, we provide specialist information on selected topics. Furthermore, there is the possibility to share and discuss current problems and difficulties.
Our life expectancy is increasing and thus also the risk of suffering from dementia. Therefore, we are looking for new ways to prevent the development of dementia:
- Newly developed training studies aim to stimulate function and growth in specific brain regions.
- We use modern examination methods (3T MRI, TMS).
- We provide information on health determinants that minimize the risk of dementia.
We are exploring new ways to maintain independence and quality of life for dementia patients as long as possible.
- Through targeted physical and mental stimulation, brain reserves are to be mobilised and expanded.
- I In close cooperation with the Neurology Clinic of the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg we want to investigate new drug therapy possibilities.
- Clinical trials are investigating ways to delay the occurrence of dementia.
In order to participate in studies, we are continuously looking for probands between 60 and 80 years of age.
We are there for you!
Call us or send us an e-mail if you are interested in prevention, consultation or participation in studies at our centre. You will find our contact details here.
Offers for consultation and treatment are provided in cooperation with the Neurology Clinic of the Otto-von-Guericke University.