Kloster Seeon meeting on BACE proteases in health and disease
September 25-27, 2016, near Munich, Germany
The proteases BACE1 and BACE2 are involved in Alzheimer’s Disease (AD), myelination, and pancreatic ß-cell function. New substrates and phenotypes are being identified in mice and cells lacking BACE1 and/or BACE2, pointing to numerous potential (patho)physiological functions of both proteases. Additionally, BACE1 is currently one of the most promising drug targets against AD and several BACE1 inhibitors are tested in clinical trials for AD.
This meeting is devoted entirely to the BACE proteases and their roles in health and disease. It will bring together internationally leading BACE researchers from both academia and industry to discuss the newest results on function and regulation of BACE proteases as well as chances and challenges for BACE protease-directed therapies.
Key dates of the program
Start of the meeting: Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 1 pm
End of the meeting: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 1 pm
Confirmed Speakers (as of March 2016):
- Kári Stefánsson, deCODE Genetics, Iceland
- Christian Alzheimer, University of Erlangen, Germany
- Christoph Becker-Pauly, University Kiel, Germany
- Carmen Birchmeier, Max-Delbrück Center, Berlin
- Mike Boulton, Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
- Michael Brodney, Pfizer Inc., USA
- Aurel Busche, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Ron DeMattos, Lilly, USA
- Bart De Strooper, University of Leuven & VIB, Belgium
- Jenny Gunnersen, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Christian Haass, DZNE & LMU, Germany
- Jochen Herms, DZNE & LMU, Germany
- Lynn Hyde, Merck, USA
- Mathias Jucker, DZNE & University Tübingen, Germany
- Dieder Moechars, Janssen, Belgium
- Lawrence Rajendran, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Naoyuki Taniguchi, RIKEN, Wako, Japan
- Giuseppina Tesco, Tufts University, USA
- Gopal Thinakaran, University of Chicago, USA
- Riqiang Yan, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, USA
Kloster Seeon is a small conference site and the maximum number of participants has already been reached. We are happy to still consider your registration. But this depends on whether we get additional accommodation in a nearby hotel.
To register, please fill in this form and send it back to bace-meeting(at)dzne.de . Afterwards, you will receive a confirmation e-mail specifying the bank account to which the registration fee needs to be transferred. Once your fee is received, you are finally registered.
Registration fee per person is 480 € (single room) and includes accommodation and meals. In case of cancellation of participation until 15 June 2016, the registration fee is fully refundable. After 15 June 2016, a refund of the registration is fee is no longer possible.
Kloster Seeon, Klosterweg 1, 83370 Seeon-Seebruck, Bavaria, Germany.
Kloster Seeon is a historic, former monastery turned into a fully equipped modern conference venue and is located in a picturesque area 80 km outside of Munich. Speakers and most other participants stay in the conference hotel Kloster Seeon.
The next airport is Munich airport and is 80 km away from the conference site. A shuttle bus from the airport to the conference site will be organized.
Departure times will be indicated at a later date.