Research for people
Latest Research News
06/14/13 - On genes and neurons: International expert recruited to lead DZNE Tübingen
The Dutch molecular biologist Peter Heutink (52) is the new Site Speaker for the DZNE in Tübingen. He specializes in the genetic causes of neurodegenerative diseases. Prof. Heutink is succeeding Prof. Thomas Gasser in this capacity.
05/24/13 - Proteins in migration
In Parkinson’s disease, the protein “alpha-synuclein” aggregates and accumulates within neurons. The mechanism underlying this pathological progression is poorly understood. Scientists at the DZNE in Bonn have developed a novel experimental model that reproduces for the first time this pattern of alpha-synuclein brain spreading and provides important clues on the mechanisms underlying this pathological process.
- 06/14/13 - Music and Brain: Dr. Dan Ehninger and the Fratres Trio
- 06/10/13 - Pierluigi Nicotera receives award of the Louisiana State University
- 05/21/13 - DZNE Researcher Elected to the European Science Organization EMBO
- 05/16/13 - DZNE and Charité work together: with joined forces against neurodegenerative diseases
- 05/10/13 - Kloster Seeon meeting on BACE proteases in health and disease