Finding new solutions
Latest Research News
12/05/13 - Recurring memory traces boost long-lasting memories
While the human brain is in a resting state, patterns of neuronal activity which are associated to specific memories may spontaneously reappear. Such recurrences contribute to memory consolidation – i.e. to the stabilization of memory contents. Scientists of the DZNE and the University of Bonn are reporting these findings in the current issue of The Journal of Neuroscience.
11/13/13 - Researchers identify new genetics risks for Alzheimer's disease
An international research consortium with the participation of the DZNE and the Bonn University Hospital has identified eleven previously unknown genetic risk factors for Alzheimer's disease. The genome of over 25,000 patients as well as more than 48,000 healthy controls was analyzed to this end. The results have been published in the scientific journal Nature Genetics.
- 11/18/13 - Demographic change - so what?! Challenges and solutions for improving health in an aging society
- 09/17/13 - Joining forces for people with dementia: The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases and the German Alzheimer Association seal partnership
- 07/31/13 - Announcement: 4th DZNE/Gladstone Workshop, May 2014 in Bonn
- 07/17/13 - Alzheimer´s: disease-associated biomarker changes in cerebrospinal fluid of transgenic mice
- 06/14/13 - Music and Brain: Dr. Dan Ehninger and the Fratres Trio